At Last! Carlos' Relief Sculpture is Done
Hear Carlos’ story and watch the process of making the piece:
Hear Carlos’ story and watch the process of making the piece:
Getting older is fantastic! One of the best parts is having more time to keep learning.
Since I’m currently working on a slideshow, I’ve been thinking about how much I’ve had to learn to produce them, including:
how to take decent photos while making art, sometimes with plaster all over my gloved hands
how to use photo editing software
how to write voice-over scripts. After taking five years worth of writing classes and writing critique, I still find this part of it painful and tedious.
how to control my voice for the voice-over. I was unhappy with how rushed and unenthusiastic I sounded. Three different classes helped me to get better at it.
how to use software that combines photos and voice into a cogent whole
how to convert the slideshow file to video and then upload it to my site
I also learned that not every photo belongs in a slideshow. The above photo is of an unsuccessful experiment I tried when working on Piggie.
On this page are a few of my completed slideshows.