Blog

Playing

 

I've spent a lot of time lately wondering what kind of art to make next, so I took a break, made some clay and molded it into noses and lips. The lips didn't thrill me, but the noses! There are pug noses, cooked noses, little ones, big ones! Who doesn't love a great, big schnoz?

 

Also, hooray! My final mosaic relief sculpture is finished. Go here to see how it was made and hear the story that inspired it.


Let's Go Here! Let's Go There!

Let's Go!

Now that we’re no longer being held captive by the epidemic, who wants to stay home? I don’t have news from my studio because I haven’t been there much. Too much traveling to have time to make things!


What I do in between projects to amuse myself

This gray packing material came with something or another a few years ago and I saved it...for some reason. Then one day I found myself banging around the studio, trying to figure out what to do next, when I spotted it. I used plaster to slap on some features, then painted them. This is the sort of silly crap I have always found myself doing in the in-between times.